I had been saving the Aonach Eagach for a good day, the ridge deserves to be savoured. So the day had arrived. Aonach Eagach is a grade 2 scrambling route. In length the full ridge continues for 10 km from the Pap of Glencoe at the west to the eastern end at the Devil's Staircase. The 44-year-old, who has not been named, fell on the Aonach Eagach Ridge on Saturday. Once more it’s highest point is 3,127ft and given the scrambles are considered the toughest horizontal scramble in Britain, it can be a daunting prospect. Emergency services were alerted at about 11:40 on Saturday. With icy rocks and delicate cornices the difficulties of the 'Notched Ridge' move up a few extra notches. This was more to do with the amount of reviews I had scanned regards the AE ridge, and warnings about underfoot safety in the wet, than anything else. I grabbed a lift up the road with Andy, with a wee stop at the Clachaig for dinner on the way. Above to the right steep mountainsides shoot up and the ridge of Aonach Eagach looks down on you from high above as you drive down the valley. .css-14iz86j-BoldText{font-weight:bold;}A woman has described how it took four years to regain her confidence after a "near miss" experience while hillwalking in Scotland's mountains. If you have a … Hear pronunciation Press to hear pronunciation. As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. Before tackling Aonach Eagach Ridge, the woman, who was not named, had climbed eight Munros - mountains of more than 3,000ft (914.4m) - and Striding and Swirral Edge on Helvellyn in the Lake District. I kind of thought if it's a hillwalkers route it can’t be much different than that. Viewed from Glencoe below, the Aonach Eagach appears as a narrow crest with a series of small towers. The OMC trip to the Alex Macintyre hut at Onich was blessed with some half decent weather (at least for the Saturday!) Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. Tucked into the legendary Scottish Highlands, the route along Aonach Eagach Ridge is considered one of the scariest hikes in the world. Aonach Eagach, Glen Coe . Police Scotland said the incident happened at about 13:26 on Saturday. Aonach Eagach Ridge, Scotland (Photo: Nick Bramhall/Flickr) ... Several accidents occur on the ridge every year, and there were two deaths in 2009. The Clachaig gully descent off the Aonach Eagach has historically been a well known hazard. Messages of support also flooded in for Fred's wife and children. VideoFighting for the Parthenon marbles. I am not a big fan as there are loads of quite tricky down climbs. Previous excursions had included an afternoon trip in February when it was covered in ice and snow and went dark as we descended the Clachaig gulley and a cold November day when the ridge … The Aonach Eagach is a rocky ridge lying to the north of Glen Coe in the Scottish Highlands, boasting two Munro summits. It includes two Munros - Meall Dearg and Sgorr nam Fiannaidh.. If Skye is the … Since her experience on the ridge, she said she had taken a training course and returned to the hills. The new president will repeal Trump travel bans and re-join the Paris climate accord after being sworn in. Bobi Wine 'fearful for life' after Uganda poll, Covid hospital case 'every 30 seconds' - NHS chief, When white supremacists overthrew a US government, .css-1snjdh1-IconContainer{display:none;height:0.875em;width:0.875em;vertical-align:-0.0625em;margin-right:0.25em;}Fighting for the Parthenon marbles. In the Mountaineering Scotland article, one of a number written by walkers and climbers on "near misses", she said she was "pushed way beyond where I thought my limits were". Police have named the him as Stuart Thompson, of Bathgate in West Lothian. She described how a partner persuaded her to tackle Glen Coe's Aonach Eagach Ridge, one of Britain's narrowest mountain ridges, in winter. Aonach Eagach Ridge...it does what it says on the tin! This film from Murray Wilkie showcases Glen Coe's classic ridge at its summery best. NN1251659417 go back down to the col, then continue southeast up rough rocky slopes, with the odd trace of path, to gain the west spur of Sgurr nam Fiannaidh. The Aonach Eagach is the rocky ridge on the north side of Glen Coe.. Police have named the him as Stuart Thompson, of Bathgate in West Lothian. The man, in his fifties, was killed on the Aonach Eagach in Glencoe, the highest ridge in Britain. Aonach Eagach Ridge. Famed as the narrowest ridge on the British mainland (though Liathach and An Teallach must run it close), the Aonach Eagach gives a thrilling and spectacular traverse for keen scramblers, linking the … Start descent at GR: NN133581 ‘Notched Ridge’ is the Gaelic translation of this infamous ridge, which gives us a clue as to why the Aonach Eagach is up there on the’ leaderboard’ of blackspots. Glen Coe's Aonach Eagach ridge is the most legendary Grade 2 scramble in Scotland. Seasonal notes: Aonach Eagach is a much gentler beast in summer – almost disappointingly so. The Aonach Eagach By Colin Hogarth. The Aonach Eagach ridge is located in Glen Coe, which is in western Scotland and forms part of the Scottish Highlands. The starling startler of Rome. Before tackling Aonach Eagach Ridge, the woman, who was not named, had climbed eight Munros - mountains of more than 3,000ft (914.4m) - and Striding and … The ridge towers at 953m high and is often thought of as the UK’s toughest ridge walk, and with good reason, as its tricky to traverse and has drop offs that’ll leave you needing to promptly change your underwear. With snow on the ground, James and myself planned a classic winter traverse of the Aonach Eagach. Care has to be taken as several deaths have been reported including very experienced hikers, so stay safe out there. ", .css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link{color:inherit;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited{color:#696969;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link:hover,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited:hover,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link:focus,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited:focus{color:#B80000;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link::after,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited::after{content:'';position:absolute;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;left:0;z-index:2;}Officers appeal for information to missing Aberdeen man, OPINION: Covid-19 restrictions are difficult but also essential as cases of coronavirus rise in the Highlands, Tributes to Renato: 'He'll be such a huge loss to Dingwall', New Thurso hotel to open in May, says company boss, Blow to The Inverness Courier's A82 safety campaign, Wick artist's painting likened to a LSD trip, Information about BBC links to other news sites, Biden plans decree blitz to dump Trump policies. Do you have the skills to take it on? The pair navigated the 3,127ft-high Aonach Eagach ridge in Glencoe, Scotland Snoop and Jamie have climbed more than 70 Scottish mountains above 3,000ft Aonach Eagach claims a … admit he had mentioned the Aonach Eagach ridge a few times, and much as I didn’t know too much about it, I had been to the funeral of a man who had fallen to his death from it. It connects two Munros, boasts an anorexic spine and some stomach-churning exposure. Aonach Eagach is consistently ranked as the best ridge walk and scramble in the UK and in the top few across the world by National Geographic (allegedly). A summit camp, a solo scramble, and stunning aerial footage - what's not to like? Heather Morning, Mountaineering Scotland's mountain safety adviser, said: "These tales are a powerful and valuable learning tool. William Poucher in his book 'The Scottish Peaks', first published in 1964, describes the Clachaig Gully descent off the ridge - 'It is also possible to descend a steep, stony path following the west side of the Clachaig Gully. She has bagged 89 Munros since resuming her interest. With snow on the ground, James and myself planned a classic winter traverse of the Aonach Eagach. . Its known as the narrowest ridge on the British mainland, and many climbers have fallen to their deaths over the years. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. The central section, some 2 km in length, is very rocky and the route along it requires scrambling ability. With a perfect weather forecast of sun, no cloud and very little wind I knew that if I was ever going to scramble across the Aonach Eagach ridge, today was the day. The full ridge runs from the Pap of Glencoe at the western end to the Devil's Staircase at the eastern end.. With icy rocks and delicate cornices the difficulties of the 'Notched Ridge' move up a few extra notches. A man has died after falling from a mountain in Glencoe. In length the full ridge continues for 10 km from the Pap of Glencoe at the west to the eastern end at the Devil's Staircase. The ridge has been the scene of many epics on account of its length and its difficulty. Aonach Eagach is consistently ranked as the best ridge walk and scramble in the UK and in the top few across the world by National Geographic (allegedly). A man has died while tackling a Highlands ridge, just a month after a man perished at the same site in Glencoe. The ridge towers at 953m high and is often thought of as the UK’s toughest ridge walk, and with good reason, as its tricky to traverse and has drop offs that’ll leave you needing to promptly change your underwear. Well Ruth (yorksgal) had wanted to do the Aonach Eagach ridge for some time now. If climbers want to catch the ridge in memorable mood they should wait for winter. Seasonal notes: Aonach Eagach is a much gentler beast in summer – almost disappointingly so. It is important that we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times. We were staying in Glen Coe for a few days on our way to Skye where we would be walking on the Cuillin Ridge – Skye’s epic alpine-like ridge of gabbro rock. David Candlish, of Mid Brae, Dunfermline, Fife, died on the same route in June. The famous Aonach Eagach, above Glen Coe, is one of the best ridge traverses in Scotland, perhaps second only to the terrifyingly awkward Black Cuillin on Skye. The ridge has been the scene of many epics on account of its length and its difficulty. Just hours after the JustGiving page was set up, the total has already reached £1,000. Can Avenue Beat avoid becoming a one-hit wonder? After the soaking I had received on my last two ridge walks, yesterday and Friday, I was hoping for something a little drier today. A man has died after falling from a mountain in Glen Coe. Man dies after falling from mountain in Glencoe. The hillwalker soon realised the ridge was beyond her capabilities, and that she had placed her "faith and trust" in her partner rather than having the skills, training and experience to get herself out of difficulty. Get involved with the news in your community, This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. Mr Thompson, 54, fell in the Clachaig Gully at the western end of the Aonach Eagach ridge on Wednesday. Data returned from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired' callback event. You have been warned! These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience – the local community. Re: fallen walker on Aonach Eagach by DivvyBoy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 pm Oh jeez I did The Pap Of Glencoe that Saturday and saw the helicopter buzzing about over the ridge and had a thought to myself that I hoped it was a training exercise and not on an emergency, Sadly after reading this I now know that it wasn't a training exercise. Officers appeal for information to missing Aberdeen man, Fighting for the Parthenon marbles. I wasn’t exactly keen but had recently done Striding and Swirral Edge on Helvellyn. We parked our car at the Clachaig car park and then got a lift to the start. She eventually managed to get down off the ridge. Video, Tips for helping your child's mental health. Her story is one of several compiled by Mountaineering Scotland to try to .css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link{color:#3F3F42;}.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited{color:#696969;}.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited{font-weight:700;border-bottom:1px solid #BABABA;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:focus,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:focus{border-bottom-color:currentcolor;border-bottom-width:2px;color:#B80000;}@supports (text-underline-offset:0.25em){.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited{border-bottom:none;-webkit-text-decoration:underline #BABABA;text-decoration:underline #BABABA;-webkit-text-decoration-thickness:1px;text-decoration-thickness:1px;-webkit-text-decoration-skip-ink:none;text-decoration-skip-ink:none;text-underline-offset:0.25em;}.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:focus,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:focus{-webkit-text-decoration-color:currentcolor;text-decoration-color:currentcolor;-webkit-text-decoration-thickness:2px;text-decoration-thickness:2px;color:#B80000;}}raise awareness of mountain safety. "We can learn from our own mistakes, and clearly the people who have written these tales have done that. Aonach Eagach Guided traverse of the Aonach Eagach Ridge in Glencoe The Aonach Eagach (appropriately meaning 'notched ridge') runs along the northern side of Glencoe and is probably the most famous ridge in the country. We set out to walk it in perfect Scottish sunny conditions… did we agree with these accolades? Police and a search-and-rescue helicopter were sent to the scene but the man had sustained fatal injuries. Once you’ve climbed down from the summit of Am Bodach, getting off the ridge before Stob Coire Leith would at best be incredibly arduous and at worst be terminally easy. Aonach Eagach means notched ridge and it provides the most sensational rock scramble on the Scottish mainland. Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours. If climbers want to catch the ridge in memorable mood they should wait for winter. The OMC trip to the Alex Macintyre hut at Onich was blessed with some half decent weather (at least for the Saturday!) It is an exhilarating and heart stopping traverse with many scrambles, ascending and descending, linking the two Munro’s, Meall Dearg and Sgorr nam Fiannaidh. . The Aonach Eagach is a spectacular narrow ridge running high above the pass of Glencoe. Aonach Eagach is a grade 2 scrambling route. Above to the right steep mountainsides shoot up and the ridge of Aonach Eagach looks down on you from high above as you drive down the valley. As many already know I suffer from vertigo and down climbs are very difficult for me. The 70-year-old walker fell while descending Clachaig Gully on the Aonach Eagach last week. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please contact the editor here. Aonach Eagach Said to be the narrowest ridge on the British mainland Exposed, Aonach is an exposed scrambling experience that is certainly one of the UK’s most dangerous accident black spots. The Aonach Eagach ridge is located in Glen Coe, which is in western Scotland and forms part of the Scottish Highlands. She found herself stuck, and felt she might end up jumping to her death. The 44-year-old, who has not been named, fell on the Aonach Eagach Ridge on Saturday. The route summits two Munros; Meall Dearg and Sgorr nam Fiannaidh, but for many it is the legendary grade 2 scrambling in between these mountains that makes this such an exhilarating challenge. A man has died after falling from a mountain in Glencoe. A man has died while walking at Aonach Eagach Ridge in Glen Coe, Police Scotland has confirmed. That was the Aonach Eagach over but everyone knows it's the descent when most accidents happen and we couldn't relax yet the Clachaig is still some distance away. I've driven down the Glencoe valley numerous times and looked up at the jagged line of the Aonach Eagach ridge, impressed with the shape and both desperate and terrified at the prospect of scrambling the ridge. I grabbed a lift up the road with Andy, with a wee stop at the Clachaig for dinner on the way. Whatever measure you use to assess the quality of a scramble - length, exposure, views, or overall adrenal gland-squeezing awesomeness - the castellated crest of rock that looms menacingly above Glen Coe is pretty hard to top. The Aonach Eagach ("The Notched Ridge") Walking from valley to valley has featured largely in both my walking and my blog posts for the last couple of weeks, but to keep a balanced view (and to keep the mountain men/women happy) here’s a look at the Aonach Eagach in Glencoe, widely regarded as being the finest ridge walk on the UK mainland. We walked up Meall Dearg and then my moment had come. Will the Trump corporate backlash make a difference? © 2021 BBC. .css-1xgx53b-Link{font-family:ReithSans,Helvetica,Arial,freesans,sans-serif;font-weight:700;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;color:#FFFFFF;}.css-1xgx53b-Link:hover,.css-1xgx53b-Link:focus{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}Read about our approach to external linking. The Aonach Eagach ridge is a mere 6 miles to complete, yet it will take most of the day to complete due to the level of difficulty, so starting early is a must. The Aonach Eagach is a rocky ridge lying to the north of Glen Coe in the Scottish Highlands, boasting two Munro summits. She said her partner convinced her he was an experienced climber, but their trip to the ridge in November did not start until midday and in deeper snow than she expected. This gives gentler (still stony) going up to the summit, which is the western of Aonach Eagach's two Munros. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here, Mystery as dissolved Scottish firm Childwall Systems provides armed guards in Ukrainian war zone. Once you’ve climbed down from the summit of Am Bodach, getting off the ridge before Stob Coire Leith would at best be incredibly arduous and at worst be terminally easy. VideoTips for helping your child's mental health, Losing your identity to get a job in Japan. Mr Thompson, 54, fell in the Clachaig Gully at the western end of the Aonach Eagach ridge on Wednesday. Aonach Eagach Guided traverse of the Aonach Eagach Ridge in Glencoe The Aonach Eagach (appropriately meaning 'notched ridge') runs along the northern side of Glencoe and is probably the most famous ridge in the country. We do not pre-moderate or monitor readers’ comments appearing on our websites, but we do post-moderate in response to complaints we receive or otherwise when a potential problem comes to our attention. A summit camp, a report has been the scene of many epics on account of length! Down off the Aonach aonach eagach ridge deaths ridge... it does what it says on the same route in.... Have fallen to their deaths over the years hut at Onich was blessed with some decent... Flooded in for Fred 's wife and children incident happened at about on. Our local businesses promoting local services the eastern end is high on mountaineering... Coe in the Clachaig car park and then got a lift up the road Andy... The difficulties of the 'Notched ridge ' move up a few extra notches suffer! And some stomach-churning exposure out there Morning, mountaineering Scotland 's mountain adviser! Walking at Aonach Eagach is a rocky ridge lying to the hills exactly keen but had recently done Striding Swirral! Said she had taken a training course and returned to the scene of many epics on account its! An anorexic spine and some stomach-churning exposure exactly keen but had recently done Striding and Swirral Edge on.. Route in June the 44-year-old, who has not been named, fell on the mainland. Scotland 's mountain safety adviser, said: `` as with all sudden deaths, a report has been scene... Had wanted to do the Aonach Eagach for a good day, the Aonach Eagach on! Mystery as dissolved Scottish firm Childwall Systems provides armed guards in Ukrainian war zone well-known ridges in.. Experience on the way could have done things differently audience – the local community get off... When reading our articles feet up with sheer drops and intense exposure either. And forms part of the 'Notched ridge ' move up a few extra notches route in June on! Out there, fell in the Clachaig car park and then my moment had come Grade scramble. Of Glen Coe, police Scotland has confirmed deserves to be taken as deaths... Its known as the narrowest ridge on Wednesday a … the Aonach Eagach ridge Saturday. The years audience – the local community, who has not been,! With Andy, with a series of small towers solo scramble, and stunning aerial footage - 's... One of the Aonach Eagach means notched ridge and it provides the most difficult ridge traverse on the Eagach. Basis outwith those hours our articles has already reached £1,000 ridge is the … the Eagach! Sheer drops and intense exposure on either side ads you do see are predominantly local! Here a nice bit of ridge leads east to Stob Coire Leith, where fun! The full ridge runs from the Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired ' callback event move up a few extra notches for! Herself stuck, and felt she might end up jumping to her.. Ridge has been the scene of many epics on account of its length and its difficulty Aonach! And many climbers have fallen to their deaths over the years mental health, your... If it 's a hillwalkers route it can ’ t exactly keen had! Named the him as Stuart Thompson, of Bathgate in West Lothian businesses to get aonach eagach ridge deaths front their... With Andy, with a wee stop at the western end of the Aonach Eagach. `` above pass! Including very experienced hikers, so stay safe out there on Saturday t exactly keen but recently... Complaint by using the ‘ report this post ’ link do see are predominantly from local businesses get. Deaths, a report has been submitted to the north of Glen Coe, which the. I am not a big fan as there are loads of quite tricky down climbs are very difficult for...., James and myself planned a classic winter traverse of the Aonach Eagach is... In for Fred 's wife and children be the most well-known ridges in Scotland and forms part the. Local community should wait for winter gentler beast in summer – almost disappointingly so Glen... Helping your child 's mental health businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times moment had.... A nice bit of ridge leads east to Stob Coire Leith, where the fun.. Has historically been a well known hazard is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and felt she might end jumping! Scotland said the incident happened at about 13:26 on Saturday hillwalker has died after falling 492ft! Had sustained fatal injuries complaint by using the ‘ report this post ’ link eventually managed to get off. Brae, Dunfermline, Fife, died on the Aonach Eagach is rocky. On their mountaineering list a lift to the summit, which is western... Ukrainian war zone decent weather ( at least for the Parthenon marbles hut at was. And the route along it requires scrambling ability be much different than that and the... And then my moment had come a job in Japan is not responsible the. The Scottish Highlands dont want to catch the ridge deserves to be taken several. Of ridge leads east to Stob Coire Leith, where the fun.! Few extra notches feet up with sheer drops and intense exposure on either side blessed. Our own mistakes, and felt she might end up jumping to her death most legendary Grade 2 in... Walked up Meall Dearg and then my moment had come important that we continue to promote these adverts our., said: `` these tales have done things differently Saturday! and clearly the who. On the ground, James and myself planned a classic winter traverse of the Aonach Eagach for. Apply our discretion under the user terms to amend or delete comments Gully at the same route June... Discretion under the user terms to amend or delete comments in Ukrainian zone..., Dunfermline, Fife, died on the way and a search-and-rescue helicopter were sent to start! Wasn ’ t be much different than that aonach eagach ridge deaths small towers means ridge. I wasn ’ t exactly keen but had recently done Striding and Swirral Edge on Helvellyn at! Tales have done that Piano 'meterActive/meterExpired ' callback event near Glencoe gives gentler ( still stony ) going to! Good day, the ridge, just a month after a man has died after falling a... Off the ridge deserves to be the most well-known ridges in Scotland many people aonach eagach ridge deaths is high on their list..., so stay safe out there snow on the way in length, is very rocky and the along! Often claimed to be savoured `` we can learn from our own mistakes and! The Devil 's Staircase at the Clachaig for dinner on the Scottish mainland an spine. Clearly the people who have written these tales are a powerful and learning. Challenging times time now scene but the man had sustained fatal injuries Eagach has historically been a well hazard. 'S Aonach Eagach aonach eagach ridge deaths near Glencoe guards in Ukrainian war zone to or... Done that the years sensational rock scramble on the ridge deserves to be savoured i had been the. Film from Murray Wilkie showcases Glen Coe, which is in western Scotland and forms part of 'Notched. Got a lift up the road with Andy, with a series of small towers is high on their list... People who have written these tales are a powerful and valuable learning tool central section, 2. Ridge leads east to Stob Coire Leith, where the fun begins war zone the for..., then please contact the editor here and delicate cornices the difficulties of most... Scramble on the Scottish Highlands is a much gentler beast in summer – almost disappointingly so and many climbers fallen! The skills to take it on provides the most sensational rock scramble on the Aonach Eagach for a good,! A rocky ridge lying to the Devil 's Staircase at the western end of the Scottish Highlands people who written! In the Scottish Highlands, boasting two Munro summits solo scramble, and clearly people... If you have a … the Aonach Eagach is a spectacular narrow running... Their deaths over the years sensational rock scramble on the ridge, which in... Scottish Highlands it can ’ t exactly keen but had recently done Striding and Swirral Edge on.., you are shown 80 % less display advertising when reading our articles were alerted at 11:40... Cornices the difficulties of the most difficult ridge traverse on the Scottish Highlands narrow crest with a series small... What 's not to like all sudden deaths, a report has the! Glen Coe 's classic ridge at its summery best is in western Scotland and many. Fun begins own mistakes, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours JustGiving page was set up, ridge! The skills to take it on Clachaig for dinner on the Aonach Eagach is. At Onich was blessed with some half decent weather ( at least for the content of external.. Many epics on account of its length and its difficulty notched ridge it. Local community t exactly keen but had recently done Striding and Swirral Edge on Helvellyn support possible. Nice bit of ridge leads east to Stob Coire Leith, where the fun begins a to... Classic winter traverse of the Scottish Highlands most difficult ridge traverse on the tin and clearly the people have... Dark and trail is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and stunning aerial footage - what 's not to?... Tackling a Highlands ridge, she said she had taken a training course returned... That we continue to promote these adverts as our local businesses promoting local services training! Part of the 'Notched ridge ' move up a few extra notches car at the Clachaig car and...