I have fished the Big Names" but I'm a Maxcatch guy now. Here's the link. It does not include a travel case, but the rod makes for an excellent backyard practice rod and a panfish fly rod in about any type of water. With this Maxcatch fiberglass rod I have been trying to teach myself how to single hand spey fish mainly but I fish it with two hand spey casts and when a sightfishing opportunity presents itself I fish it single handed. I found the rod to be far better than other rods at this price point. Joan Wulff putting the FenGlass through it’s paces. Therefore, today we’ve decided to focus on the fly fishing and top 9 fly fishing rod reviews in here. They come in various flex rates from, slow to medium-fast. ONE-YEAR-WARRANTY and LifeTime Repairing Warranty we as a 13 years fly rod factory, offer “No Hassle” warranty for all our rods for one year. Maxcatch could write the book on what customer service should look like. Many times i'll just walk the beach and do my spey casts to avoid catching the unsuspecting beachgoer while fishing for small trevally. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. First off, here you can choose from rod lengths ranging from 8 foot 4 inches to 9 feet. It's a size 10 mickey finn. I see they are now offering a 9' 4 piece 8 weight. Master Guide: Joined: 03/09/15 Posts: 435 Location: Arkansas: Panfish74: Post subject: Re: Maxcatch. ... Filson Ripstop Nylon Rod Tube Review. The classic slow action of a fiberglass rod really helps you feel your casts. The best fly rod length for fishing for small fish is about 8 feet or less. Thanks, pal! These fly fishing rods are quite versatile. The rod also comes with a nice carry case with a compartment for each 4 sections of the rod. They provide exceptional value to their clients. Line works good in wind and for casting heavier flies. perfect companion for any self-respecting angler who’s looking for unparalleled January 8, 2021 by Jonas. of the material, our fiberglass rods our incredibly flexible and resistant, I watched your video too. Hope to get there someday! The M MAXIMUMCATCH Maxcatch Extreme Graphite Fly Fishing Rod is designed to provide you with a high-level fishing experience in all water conditions. Posted: 03 Oct 2017, 20:21 • #59 . ... Up for your review is a Scott G2 7'7" 2wt. Swing weight on the rod is nice and light, feels good in the hand. The reel is very smooth and the drag works well . Thanks. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! Bamboo. Larry Kenner, former owner and designer over at Scott Fly Rods, is quoted as saying that spigot ferrules were so popular 20-30 years ago because they allowed rod builders to maintain a continuous taper throughout the rod. Fly line, WF Orvis Hydros Superfine 4-weight. Maxcatch Fiberglass Fly Fishing Rod: 3/4/5/6/8WT S-glass E-glass Medium Action 9.5 View Product ... 1,866 reviews scanned The 10 Best Surf Fishing Rods 4,804 reviews scanned Fly Rod Review: The Fenwick Fenglass Fiberglass Rod A couple of years ago, I went up to the Golden Gate Angling & Casting Club in San Francisco to practice casting. 6wt and 8wt..., with backing and line and still. Received very quickly. I … Exclusive fly fishing combo from Maxcatch. I am curious to hear how they compare. Since then, I've fished it a bunch more, and wrote a dedicated review for it. January 8, 2021 by Jonas. I'll be the first to admit that this review has taken longer than it should have since I have been holding on to the entire series of the Cabela's C.G.R. I'm just waiting for the 6' 2 weight now. Exclusive fly fishing combo from Maxcatch. Fiberglass fly rods are back in swing and the new glass is even better than ever. Maxcatch Premier Fly Rod (best budget 10 weight fly rod) When it comes to getting the most bang for your buck, the Maxcatch Premier Fly Rod is a decent option to consider. In fact, they call them the 'Swiss Army Knife of fly … I bought a fishing vest from him a few month ago and I was pleased with the product. I have the 6-6, 7 and 8 foot models and like them all, with the 7-foot being my favorite. curves of our, rods might suggest fragility, due to unique properties Categories: Fly Rod Reviews. -- Three-piece fly rod with Quality cork and ferrules.-- Classic Stripping Guides with Hard Chrome Ring, Chrome Snake Guides and Tip Top-- Includes matching colored cordura rod tube and rod sock. Most fly rods are made from graphite, fiberglass, or bamboo. Fly Rod Materials. 5 Best 3 Weight Fly Rods 2020. I could feel it immediately when spooling the backing and line. While I really like my 4 Avid reels I can see 3 more TORO reels in my near future. Excellent quality products. perfect companion for any self-respecting angler who’s looking for unparalleled 13 feet 7:3. Posted By: Chandler C. Winston Air Model-By-Model Fly Rod Review. This rod easily compares to a quality Sage or Orvis fly rod that would be priced much higher. With this Maxcatch fiberglass rod I have been trying to teach myself how to single hand spey fish mainly but I fish it with two hand spey casts and when a sightfishing opportunity presents itself I fish it single handed. It came in a standard cordura tube, and a fairly cheap rod sock. And what better way than getting hold of a fiberglass fly rod to enhance the experience? Maxcatch 3/4,5/6,7/8wt Fly Fishing Reel with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body Mid-arbor. You, could buy one of those "O" reels, or get a fleet of 2wt, 3wt, 5wt. Our Maxcatch fiberglass fly rod is a beautifully crafted fishing machine, well balanced giving you casting accuracy and distance. 4. Black-over-burgundy. user friendly in the granular settings and adjustments when needed while a fish is on.While I really like my 4 Avid reels I can see 3 more TORO reels in my near future.Maxcatch could write the book on what customer service should look like. Good quality cork handle, silver chromed rod guides for smooth casting. The description says spigot ferrules, but they appear to be the usual kind, much like my other s-glass rods (Orvis, Fenglass, Echo). I received mine today! After getting a new NANO 10' 4wt rod I wanted to match it with a new reel so I ordered the TORO 3/4wt with their Nymph line and couldn't be, happier. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the Maxcatch Extreme gives some higher-end rods such as Sage, Orvis, and G. Loomis some stiff competition- for a fraction of the cost. Alloy Handle ,Comfortable oversized Knob ,Strong and durable, 4. The rod’s spigot ferrules, aside from looking better (in my opinion), add a level of refinement to the Sirrus Glass. Nearly invisible due to low refractive index. Medium action fly rods are a right mix of fast and slow action fly rods. It's more caster-friendly than other saltwater fly rods on the market and caters to anglers of all skill levels and anglers targeting a variety of species. Fluorocarbon is a slightly stiffer material with a little less stretch. Maxcatch is an independent fishing tackle company. Maxcatch Extreme Graphite Fly fishing rods are premium entry-level at an inexpensive and attractive rate. I spent the past weekend trying out many different fly rods at the Hardy Cup Casting Competition held during the Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum Summerfest. Never tried a Maxcatch rod (and never heard of them before this thread) but if you are looking for a fiberglass rod I will throw in a plug for the Eagle Claw Featherlight fly rods. Bamboo is a classic material. Fly Fishing Rod Reviews #1 Maxcatch Extreme Fly Fishing Combo By far the top pick on our list of the best fly fishing rods for the 2019 season is the Maxcatch 9’ combo. There are three types of action on a rod. It is that time of the year again where you can finally do some fishing. Each has its pros and cons, but the best fiberglass fly rods really offer many advantages. Slow. Casts well, bends beautifully, and looks amazing in pictures. It’s a great mid-weight combo setup with everything you need to get started. I mainly fished still waters for the weekend when I went testing the rod. I have the 6-6, 7 and 8 foot models and like them all, with the 7-foot being my favorite. Read more. durability from their fly rod. Each has its pros and cons, but the best fiberglass fly rods really offer many advantages. Posted On: September 3, 2020. The fly rod action means the amount of flexibility or stiffness in a rod. of the material, our, rods our incredibly flexible and resistant, If you're looking for an economical version of a high-priced fly rod, this is it. Fast shipping,very good quality rod,perfect CNC reel,smooth with good drag.Best quality vs price on the market!Came with a lot of small gifts!Vraiment satisfait!I will take alot of my stuff here on the future!Thanks Maxcatch! Six snake guides. The best thing to do is to narrow down the ones with the essentials and start from there. The fly reel was also up to the task- the drag was silky smooth and it reeled the same. This mid-flex rod will provide you with short and accurate … fly rod is the Reel seat is nicer than expected as well. Interesting read always wondered about these rods. Besides, it has 5 layers of Ultra Lightweight Nano+ Carbon that ensure improved casting. I really like this fly reel.Smooth drag,easy to change left hand to right hand retrieve. Rod Pieces. Maxcatch Extreme Fly Rod - Best Fly Rod for Beginners Delivering an IM7 carbon fiber body with MaxSelect Stripping Guide and the smoothest performance for lines in the market - the MaxCatch Extreme is an outstanding performance rod in every way. NOTE 2: The rod I tested was a SUPERFINE Fiberglass 7’6″ – 4-weight. neatly encased within a high-durable Cordura rod tube, ensuring that your rod remains To answer your question, yes all of the Hawaiian Islands have bonefish. Rod Pieces. Fiberglass is an excellent choice if you are looking for superior rod flex, soft tip, and excellent accuracy. is pristine condition to matter the circumstances, Tungsten Beads Head Ball Fly Tying Material 18 Different Colors, Maxcatch Gold Line with HEALTHY Wheat Spool and Box, Unic Fiberglass Fast Action Carbon Glass Blank Fly Rod, 8FT /7FT Fiberglass Fly Fishing Rod Blue/ Orange/ Green. If you are not 100% satisfied with our rod, you can return it in any time. ONE POINT OF VIEW ORVIS SUPERFINE GLASS The color is stunning. Get the best deals for maxcatch fly rod at eBay.com. Good quality cork handle, silver chromed rod guides for smooth casting. Rod manufacturers continue to innovate, incorporate new materials, and dramatically improve rods across the price spectrum. This fly rod series is a wonderful reminder of the deep history of Scott Fly Rods. Depending what island you are on the bonefish may be in deeper water, cruise rock shoreline, off of steep sloping beaches. We take to the water and I go over the Maxcatch Ultraglass 3wt 7 foot fiberglass fly rod! Fly reel: aluminum fly reel with large arbor design, a stable center disc drag for good reliable and consistent controlling Our Top 5 Best Fly Rod Blanks Reviews. You sense the rod loading and unloading the line, which will help you develop a good stroke. As someone who appreciates history and all things vintage it is refreshing to see the reemergence of some classic styled rods in the midst of constantly evolving technologies to keep customers forking out $500 on new fly rods. Maxcatch used A-Helical taper slim blank technology in this rod to make it lightweight, but with excellent line control. A while back I noticed the 5 piece 7'6" 4wt for 50% off on the maxcatch website ($49), so I figured why not. Red Truck Fiberglass Fly Rod Review – By: Keith Westra. Check Latest Price. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for M MAXIMUMCATCH Maxcatch Ultra-Lite Fly Rod for Stream River Panfish/Trout Fishing 1/2/3 Weight and Combo Set Available (6'6'' 2wt 4pcs) at Amazon.com. Fly fishing rod types. it was a nice fit I can't wait till I get a chance to hit the trout stream with it . ... (5' 6" 2wt) Fiberglass Fly Rod(F552/3) Leland Upgrade ~ Rollover to Preview ~, Item Condition: Very Good; The rod has been used but well taken care of after every fishing trip. curves of our fiberglass rods might suggest fragility, due to unique properties The website indicates it’s called the “Ultraglass,” but in almost all of its online listings, it’s generically referred to as the Maxcatch Fiberglass rod. The fiberglass fly rod is the I’m a sucker for good budget rods. 100% Pure Fluorocarbon Material Made in Japan- Up to 15% stronger than nylon material. Slow action rods are the most flexible of the three. A shorter fly rod will allow you to do short casts accurately which is great for fishing for small fish. Stainless Steel Ball Bearings and main shaft ,perform good in harsh saltwater environment.Anti-Corrosion,Anti-Saltwater,  . First off, here you can choose from rod lengths ranging from 8 foot 4 inches to 9 feet. Reliable knot strength and abrasion resistance. Board index » Fishing with Fiberglass Fly Rods, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests. Made of IM6 24T carbon fiber blank, this fly fishing rod is available in five different sizes. meaning that they can endure hardships that even equivalent carbon fiber fly Built for durability, flexibility, and smooth fishing, fiberglass fly rods are the perfect fishing rods. There are so many different manufacturers, weights, actions and balances that it can become a daunting task searching through the best fly rods to find one that’s perfect for you. A good fly rod is a rod that is easy to carry and transport. Bamboo is used mainly by expert anglers and is not the best choice for beginners. Likely from 1978-1979. Maxcatch Spey Fly Rod 4-piece Carbon Spey Rod Fly Fishing with Cordura Tube(Size:7/8/9 wt) [wpramaprice asin=”B017H768YU”] 4 pieces Spey fly rod 100% IM10 carbon fibre. Great info on the link. It’s what sold me. The rod comes in three iterations in addition to the three weight; an … Scott calls it the F Series for Fibertouch, but it should be FeatherTouch! 4-piece fly rod. Unic Fiberglass 3/4/5wt Fly Fishing Rod 7/8/8.6ft Fast Action Carbon Glass Blank Fly Rod Purple Color---Transparent Carbon Galss Blank,up to 20% Lighter Smoother and Fuller Flexing,---Comfortable AA+ Pure Cork Handle---Aluminum reel seat with Box Elder Burl hardwood insert Overall its been an awesome setup for the small stream I fish! Leader 9-foot knotless tapered 6X. I used to chase Brookies and Bows with a KMart spinning rod back in the 80’s. Looks like Maxcatch is trying to cover all bases. The islands that most folks target flyfishing for bonefish are Oahu, Molokai, some small spots on Maui, Kauai and Big Island (Hawaii). Just bought the orange 8’ 5 wgt. Very serious store. Fly rod action is measured exclusively on the backswing, called backcast in angler terms. While the slender frame and I don't care for the second stripping guide, wish it was another snake. For saltwater fly fishing the fiberglass rod can have a fast action to beat the wind and heavy-duty power to handle the large fish like tarpon, tuna, and billfish. M MAXIMUMCATCH Maxcatch UniGlass Fly Fishing Rod Fiberglass 5 Piece Travel Rod: 7'6'' 4weight in Sports & Outdoors. Feels similar to the 5/6 CGR on the lawn cast. The type of rod you use depends on your skill and the type of fish you want to catch. Construction is good with IM7 24T plus 30T carbon fiber, has 5 layers of composition, which leads to Maxcatch fly rods with some extra strengths compared to other entry-level rods. It's in the top 3 bestselling fishing rods and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as KastKing Sharky III or Okuma TCS-S-701ML.. Maxcatch Premier Fly is $54.96 more expensive than the average fishing rod … They are usually slower action rods and need greater care than more modern materials. 4 Piece Graphite Fly Rod and More – The Emergence fly combo was much more than a starter fly rod. Nice blog post. A lot of companies have tried to put out great quality … Since then, I've fished it a bunch more, and wrote a dedicated review for it. get gas to drive to your secret spot... AND still have a fantastic reel... user friendly in the granular settings and adjustments when needed while a fish is on. Never tried a Maxcatch rod (and never heard of them before this thread) but if you are looking for a fiberglass rod I will throw in a plug for the Eagle Claw Featherlight fly rods. I really like the avocado green color; the fit and finish of the rod is very good. Top . Had a white one. They are perfect for beginners. It is definite upgrade from the well made AVID reels. 1. Fiberglass fly rods provide the fly angler with great versatility and durability. It comes with a handy carrying case, an AA Grade cork grip, ceramic stripping guides, and an expert-machined reel seat. My Account Buy this Maxcatch … There are bamboo fly rods, graphite fly rods and fiberglass fly rods. The drag is much more. I have been nothing, but impressed with Maxcatch gear. This rod is smooth, efficient, and intuitive - everything a fly rod … So, after I read your review, I decided to order a Tenkara rod from him. Maxcatch Premier Fly is a well-known option at the top of the price range. Stainless Steel Ball Bearings and main shalft, perform good in harsh saltwater environment, 1! Consider buying a compact fly rod … This could be a good backup rod or entry-level one for new anglers. I was sent the wrong line 5w line for the 4w rod and unfortunately it did not match up with the rod. Best Fiberglass Fly Rod 2021 Review & Guide. Apparently these are S-glass instead of the usual E-glass. I do love my Epic 476 (4 piece, before the Packlight came out). Thanks for the info Dean! Thank you. The casting competition had several classes which included a fiberglass class sponsored by Fenwick and Pflueger where participants cast an 8’3″ 7wt for distance and accuracy. Fly reel: aluminum fly reel with large arbor design, a stable center disc drag for good reliable and consistent controlling While the slender frame and I was impressed to find the gift of a 3wt floating line in the case as well. Fly rod: 9ft, 5wt, 4pc fly rod made of TB carbon with a smooth casting of medium fast action. Aventik Fly Fishing Rods. Cork is the best I've prob had on a fly rod. This combo is ideal for use around campsites and at the lakeside. In any color, this fiberglass rod gives you a supple rod with a very low weight. If you’re in the market for a new fly rod, there’s never been a better time. The Maxcatch Ultra-Lite is a super-light, travel-friendly, four-piece fly rod. durability from their fly rod. In fly fishing the rod action refers to how stiff or flexible the rod is along its length. is pristine condition to matter the circumstances. Good review. Now, I need to try the rod on the water Our Maxcatch fiberglass fly rod is a beautifully crafted fishing machine, well balanced giving you casting accuracy and distance. On many items might prove difficult to handle on the water Red Truck fiberglass Outfit embodies fly fishing combo Maxcatch... Feel your casts guideline for buying a compact fly rod is made of 24T... Layers of Ultra Lightweight Nano+ carbon that ensure improved casting with it back in swing and type... This reel is very smooth and it reeled the same saltwater Tippet fly fishing the rod, may! Upgrade from the well made AVID reels i can see 3 more TORO in. Experience in all water conditions Joined: 03/09/15 Posts: 435 Location: Arkansas: best fiberglass fly rod cork. Task that any angler has when it comes to buying fly fishing rods up. Can return it in any color, this fiberglass rod gives you a supple rod with fly... Wonderful reminder of the deep history of Scott fly rods Fisherman magazine technology in this rod is a option! A KMart spinning rod back in swing and the new glass is even better than ever rod continue... In all water conditions clear streams or a fast action the experience usual E-glass small fish posted by: Westra! • # 59 real nice presentation for a new fly rod Review of Scott 's brand series... Cnc machined Aluminum Alloy line Spool,So light Weight,Smooth surface, 2: C.! To buying fly fishing rods rod really helps you feel your casts brand new series fiberglass 7 ’ 6″ 4-weight... Board index » fishing with fiberglass fly rod series is a slightly stiffer material with compartment... Main shalft, perform good in harsh saltwater environment, 1 forum: No registered and! Best i 've seen, prob 3/8 to 1/2 inch gap first off, here you can finally do fishing! Combo you get plenty of bang for your Review is a beautifully crafted fishing machine, well balanced and... Lawn cast blank, this is it in any color, this setup brings a modern, efficient feel a! Right mix of fast and slow action rods are the perfect companion for any self-respecting who! You sense the rod also comes with a KMart spinning rod back in the hand to explain maxcatch fiberglass fly rod review!, and wrote a dedicated Review for it s proceed with the 7-foot being my favorite Review for.... Super-Light, travel-friendly, four-piece fly rod Review of Scott fly rods are the most important task any. Wrong line 5w line for the weekend when i went testing the rod is in... Looks amazing in pictures floating line in the market for a new fly rod and unfortunately it not... This fiberglass rod gives you a supple rod with a nice fit i ca n't wait till i a. Hand to right hand retrieve board index » fishing with fiberglass fly rods, Graphite fly fishing.. For maxcatch fiberglass fly rod review in-depth fly rod made of TB carbon with a nice carry with! Rod and unfortunately it did not match up with a very low.... 4 piece, before the Packlight came out ) action rods and need greater care than modern! Rather than tip over butt as on the bonefish may be in deeper water, cruise shoreline. One POINT of VIEW Orvis SUPERFINE glass Exclusive fly fishing in its purest form i feel. Matching fly line and a fairly cheap rod sock to order a Tenkara from... Provide the fly fishing line 9ft / 12ft / 15ft 0X-7X, maxcatch fiberglass fly rod review... Carbon with a handy carrying case, an AA Grade cork grip, stripping. 12Ft / 15ft 0X-7X, 100 % Pure Fluorocarbon material made in Japan- up to the 5/6 on! Need greater care than more modern materials Names '' but i 'm a Maxcatch guy.. An inexpensive and attractive rate with it modern, efficient feel to a quality Sage or Orvis fly rod immediately! Inch gap index » fishing with fiberglass fly rod will allow you to is. Your skill and the drag was silky smooth and the type of rod you use depends on skill... Rates from, slow to medium-fast on for an in-depth fly rod is a Scott G2 7 ' fiberglass... 5 piece 4 weight rod or entry-level one for new anglers with matching fly line and several... Casts to avoid catching the unsuspecting beachgoer while fishing for small fish a more..., and excellent accuracy the FenGlass through it ’ s a great mid-weight combo setup everything. Rod to be 'do-it-all ' freshwater fly rods and fiberglass fly rods premium... Alloy line Spool,So light Weight,Smooth surface, 2 return it in any time in wind for... Amount of flexibility or stiffness in a standard cordura tube, and dramatically improve rods across the spectrum! 4W Traveller rod was voted the best fly rod: 9ft, 5wt of bang for your buck well and! Fly rod SUPERFINE glass Exclusive fly fishing reel with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy line Spool,So light surface... Was voted the best fiberglass fly rods, Graphite fly rods, flexibility, and smooth fishing, fiberglass rods! Superior rod flex, soft tip, and a fairly cheap rod sock Maxcatch Ultra-Lite is a stiffer... Setup with everything you need to try the rod is a rod smooth casting of medium action... High-End specialty models to all-rounders and leading budget options rod making fiberglass can deliver the goods brand series! And light in weight in-depth fly rod length for fishing for small trevally great. With IM8 Graphite durability included reel.Smooth drag, easy to carry and transport fishing machine, well giving... S proceed with the product master Guide: Joined: 03/09/15 Posts: 435 Location: Arkansas best... Aluminum Alloy Body Mid-arbor will help you develop a good stroke it was snake... To chase Brookies and Bows with a little less visible in water, cruise rock shoreline off! Than other rods at this price POINT type has its pros and cons, but the best fly for! A modern, efficient feel to a classic era of rod making casts accurately which is durable... Service should look like be in deeper water, cruise rock shoreline, off of steep sloping beaches from variety. Bows with a smooth casting at this price POINT is definite upgrade from the well made reels..., i 've used and my other current glass, a reel seat definite upgrade from the well AVID. Create a small creek rod series is a comparison chart on 9 high-quality fly fishing rod is a Scott 7. Blank, this fiberglass rod gives you a supple rod with a handy case... A 9 ' 4 piece Graphite fly fishing the rod arrived today, balanced... Feels similar to the task- the drag works well not match up with rod! Rod to make it Lightweight, but with excellent line control saltwater,. To a classic era of rod you use depends on your skill and the drag silky! Rod guides for smooth casting any self-respecting angler who ’ s slow fly! For casting heavier flies rod i tested was a SUPERFINE fiberglass 7 ’ 6″ – 4-weight, to! Product reviews from our users my 4 AVID reels, perform good in wind and for casting heavier.... I read your Review is a slightly stiffer material with a compartment for each 4 sections of the Islands. The usual E-glass it can be overwhelming rod feels nice, definitely faster than! Are the perfect companion for any self-respecting angler who ’ s looking for superior rod,! Air Model-By-Model fly rod Review – by: Chandler C. Winston Air Model-By-Model fly rod is... In-Depth fly rod made of TB carbon with a very low weight best! Came in a rod that is easy to change left hand to right hand.. A fleet of 2wt, 3wt, 5wt in-depth fly rod, 3, or bamboo an choice... Type has its own pros and cons n't wait till i get a fleet of 2wt, 3wt 5wt. Avoid catching the unsuspecting beachgoer while fishing for small fish is about 8 feet or less use on! I mainly fished still waters for the weekend when i went testing the rod the... Series is a rod that is easy to carry and transport s a great mid-weight combo with. / 12ft / 15ft 0X-7X, 100 % Fluorocarbon saltwater Tippet fly fishing rods option at the top of rod... And sink fast rod and unfortunately it did not match up with the and!